Monday, July 11, 2011

Sights Around Olympia

There are a few hidden secrets around Olympia, and as rumor has it this one is soon to vanish.

The Monarch Sculpture Garden is located just out of town and right off of the Western Chehailis Trail that we told you about last week.

The garden is an amazing find, it consist of 140 talented artist.  There are mosaic pieces, contemporary works, traditional sculptures, and my favorite, hands on musical works of art.  There is much wandering to be done to see everything in this garden.  Admission is free, but donations are collected for maintenance of the park.













If the rumor of the park closing is true, I'm not surprised, but I am very sad.  Every time I have visited there is always an abundance care and upkeep needing to be done.  Simple things like weeding or mowing, and a little more involved work like pruning and shaping of their garden maze that never made it to a finished product.  I have donated many dollars in their collection bin and always wanted to go volunteer my time, but time is precious and always gets away.  I encourage all of you to go visit this wonderful secret before it disappears forever.
Don't be fooled, there is water under there!



Half Man  -  Half Sculpture

SHARK!











No comments:

Post a Comment